Center’d app is now live on Apple App Store! Using our iPhone application you can now find the right place for your needs – our unique semantic analysis on online reviews and ratings from our content partners make it so easy to understand specific features associated sentiments for any given place. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think: http://www.centerd.com/content/iphoneapp.aspx
Center’d App for iPhone and iPod Touch Enables Flavored Local Discovery
Search and City Guides Help Users Find Places Based on Interest Categories Including Kid-Friendly, Romantic, and More — Consumer Sentiment Charts and Interest Category Drill-Downs Offer Unique Summary of Places
Our unique approach to local search and discovery is well-suited for location-aware devices and is a natural fit for the iPhone
Menlo Park, CA (PRWEB) August 18, 2009 — Center’d, the web site that helps people plan life’s activities, today announced its Center’d App is available on the App Store. TheCenter’d App classifies more than 1 million places so iPhone and iPod touch users can search any U.S. city and then filter results based on their interest, distance or popularity, or they can browse city guides to see the best things to do in top cities by picking an interest style or activity in categories that include kid-friendly, romantic, cheap, outdoor and more.
Center’d iPhone App
“Our unique approach to local search and discovery is well-suited for location-aware devices and is a natural fit for the iPhone,” said Jennifer Dulski, co-founder and chief executive officer of Center’d. “We’re excited to extend our technology to mobile applications and help people more quickly find nearby things to do that meet their needs.”
Flavored Local Technology Enables Unique iPhone Features:
By analyzing millions of conversations on the web using natural language processing (NLP) based technologies, Center’d is able to surface detailed insights about local businesses. This data gives people a quick way to determine the tone of Web conversations about a place, and when coupled with other key features helps people quickly find the right place for their needs.
Features of the Center’d App include:
– Search and Browse: People can search for places in any U.S. city and filter results by popularity, distance, or interest styles, and browse things to do with more than 20 city guides, choosing from 7 different interest styles and 5 activity categories.
– Aggregated and Summarized Place Data: Place profile pages feature content that gives users a quick snapshot of a place without having to read dozens of reviews on a mobile device. Sentiment charts capture whether people make positive, neutral, or negative comments about a place across ambiance, service and price categories, and include “snippets” of the most frequently mentioned comments within a category. Place profiles also include interest icons that allow people to drill-down on each style category to see snippets from relevant web conversations and understand why places qualify within a given interest, such as romantic.
– Detailed Maps: The app allows users to view multiple places from search and browse results on detailed interactive maps. They can pan and zoom maps to help find the right place, and view individual places on a map to pinpoint where they are located without leaving the app.
– Easy Content Submission: Users can quickly submit content and information about places, including photos through an embedded tool, short keywords that describe a place, and interest information about a place to help classify it.
– Planning and Sharing Tools: Users can also make plans for themselves or with others by saving places and combining them on a list which they can then easily share with friends.
The Center’d iPhone application is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Local Content Available for Publishers:
In conjunction with the launch of its app, Center’d has developed a new program that enables publishers to add local content and monetization tools to their site for free. By using the Center’d widget, publishers can provide their audiences with unique intent-based local content, and by participating in its paid partnership program, make money by using the widget. Publishers can customize the design and content they would like to display in the widget to suit their site. More information can be found athttp://www.centerd.com/t/widgets.
Center’d (http://www.centerd.com) helps people plan life’s activities. The company has developed personal planning features and group collaboration tools that help people plan any type of activity, from finding and discovering things to do, to organizing and coordinating complex events. By analyzing millions of conversations about places on the web, Center’d has created a unique index of more than 1 million places that are classified by interest styles, including kid-friendly, romantic, cheap, and more. This novel approach enables Center’d to deliver a more relevant and personalized local experience.
Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, Center’d is led by former Microsoft and Yahoo! executives, and is funded by Norwest Venture Partners and KeyNote Ventures.